This is Day 6 of the Advent Calendar for 2015. Open more doors here >>
“If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got” – Albert Einstein
I’ve heard this a lot, and it’s true. Maybe you’ve been doing the same thing for a while and it’s not working. Do you just keep on trying? Maybe it IS working, but it’s not working enough.
Look at what you’re doing and change it. Do the opposite, change the wording, find a new way around a problem. Review where you’re at and where you want to be. What else could you offer, what could you do differently, how else can you market your offering? Maybe what you’re doing is behind the times and you need to think of ways to move your business into this century, or perhaps your business has changed and how you are doing things, how your business looks, who you re selling to is no longer the same?
Some things to check:
- are you happy?
- are you making enough money?
- what expectations are you not meeting?
- your target audience – has it changed?
- which social platforms you’re on – is your audience there too? are the platforms working for you?
- what do you do, could you repackage anything or add new services?
- your branding – is it relevant? Does it stand out enough?
- What IS working? Do more of that.
To stand out, it might be worth looking at ways to do things not just differently for you, but differently in your field. If other people zig, you could zag. The important thing, as discussed in a previous post, is to keep moving forward, not standing still. If things are not working out, if you’re not happy, if you’re not getting the results you’re after, than please don’t just keep on doing what’s not working – try a different approach.
In the comments: What changes have you made in your business to get different results?