I logged into Facebook this morning to see that I’ve got the new Facebook layout – yey!
I quite like it 🙂 It’s now more similar to your personal profile and the app you can get for your phone, so it’s very easy to get your head around.
– There is only one column for your posts now. It now looks just like your personal profile, with your posts in the right column.
– The apps have moved down the side, so those pretty app covers you made are still there, but you can only see three of them unless you click on the tiny arrow on the top left of the app box to view more. You can also access them across the top (below the cover image) your first app will have it’s own tab and the MORE button will take you to the rest. Because these are a list of titles it’s really important to give each app a good name rather than something generic like “tab 1”! To do this go to SETTINGS along the top, then select APPS down the side and find the app that you need to rename. One you click on EDIT SETTINGS for the app you’re looking to change, you can change the name of the app and the image that will appear down the side too.
– You can move elements in the left panel around (except for People and About) To do this click on the edit icon on the top right corner of any section and then choose MANAGE SECTIONS a box will appear and you can drag each section to reorder. This means that you are in control of what you think of what is most important to show on your page.
– It’s a lot easier to get into your activity log. Just click ACTIVITY right above your cover image. The same goes for INSIGHTS and SETTINGS. Less clicking.
– There’s a handy bar underneath each post to show you how much reach you’ve had. If you click on this then you can get even more information.
– The really good news is that the sizing hasn’t changed at all (unlike on Twitter where everything looks hideous when it switches) so you don’t have to worry about how your page will look when the change takes place. It’ll still look great.
[images style=”0″ image=”https://amypurdie.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/FACEBOOK-NEW-LAYOUT-01-550×1620.png” width=”550″ align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]